Monday, November 14, 2011

Wandering Wardrobe

511 South Main Street
Springville, UT

This little consignment shop in Springville, just a couple of blocks away from the art museum, is one of the sights that inspired this blog. I had a job in one of the gorgeous old buildings on Main Street in Springville, and during my lunch hours I'd often wander around town, popping into stores and hunting up the best chicken alfredo pizza (which can be found at a gas station).

Wandering Wardrobe was one of the little gems I found. It wasn't far from a used book store I'll tell you about sometime. After a triumphant lunch time jaunt during which I found a pair of jeans that flattered my rump, I thought to myself, "I'll bet a lot of people don't even know it's here. I ought to let people know."

















Wandering Wardrobe is in a lovely little brick home with a bell on the door and a winding wooden staircase inside that takes you up to the "landing" where you get first glimplse of the shoes.






















Every piece is stylish, good quality, and in excellent shape. The inventory isn't extensive, but they carry children's as well as women's clothes, and they have an excellent selection of jackets. While I was prowling the racks last Saturday, I saw labels from Wilson's Leather, Ann Klein, Chicos, and GAP. I also saw the perfect shoes...a size and a half too big. (Sigh.) I walked away with two scarves.






















Wandering Wardrobe also carries books, DVDs, and some home decor. I spotted a handful of little girl velvet dresses--perfect for holidays, as well as a...wait for it...a triceratops so big you'd have to lift your toddler on to it.






















Visit Wandering Wardrobge and tell them you heard about it on "Been There, Done That." You won't get a discount, but it would be cool for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment